What We Do
- Troubleshooting issues and researching options to help you with the challenges related to life with HD
- Researching and applying to long-term care living facilities
- Connecting you to resources offered by community organizations, local and state governments, foundations, or other groups
- Helping you apply for long-term disability
- Discussing insurance plan options and other financial considerations
- Help you to cope with challenges and build resiliency
- Connecting you to others in the HD community through local Meet-Ups and online support groups.
- Anonymous Genetic Testing and Counseling
- Training for caregivers with individualized conversations and group workshops
What We Don't Do
While the HD Reach team can help you with many of life's challenges, there are some things we can’t do. For example:
- We do not provide medical information, but we can help you find a care specialist to answer your questions.
- We do not give out money. We can connect you with organizations that may be able to provide financial or other assistance and we can provide need-based scholarships for our fee-based programs.
- We do not provide legal advice. We can refer you to resources that provide legal information or assistance.
- We do not recommend specific for-profit businesses, products, or services.
HD Workshops, Conferences and Webinars
Learn about HD and get tips on the most common and difficult issues through workshops, conferences, and our Video Library. Using the most up-to-date information, experts in the fields of medicine, mental health, law and finance provide focused talks on upcoming treatments, managing troubling behaviors, insurance, genetic testing, and more.
Natural Disaster Assistance
If you or someone you know is affected by a natural disaster, such as a hurricane or flooding, HD Reach can help identify options for getting help with medications, housing, and other needs. Find out tips for preparing for an emergency situation.
Connect With HD Reach Today
HD Reach is a judgment-free zone. It is likely that your question or concern is something that has been faced before, and if not, we will face it together, because no one has to do it alone. To find out how HD Reach can help you, call us at 919-803-8128, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. ET or email us at info @hdreach.org
If you would like to request assistance to help you navigate complex issues related to life with HD, click on the button below.