This form can be shared with your medical provider before your visit or during. Or you may refer to it during discussions with your medical provider. You can keep a copy of this form in your own files for tracking purposes. Click the button below to download the PDF and reach out to us if you need any guidance.
Tips to help you get the most from a visit to your healthcare provider:
- Know the reason for your visit and what you want to happen.
- Before your visit, write down questions you want answered.
- Bring someone with you to help ask questions and remember what you learned.
- At the visit, write down important information including any new medicines, diagnosis, treatments, tests, and instructions.
- If you have a follow-up appointment, write down the date, time, and purpose for that visit
- Learn why a new medicine or treatment is prescribed and how it will help you. Also ask what the side effects are.
- Learn if there are other ways to treat your condition.
- Learn why a test or procedure is recommended and what the results could mean.
- Learn what to expect if you do not take the medicine or have the test or procedure.
- Learn how you can contact your provider if you have questions.
Sometimes there can be six months or more between appointments with your HD treatment team. It's often challenging to remember details from the last few month about your health, a fall, new symptoms, or over all mood. Using the HD Clinic form to record these events as they happen or in preparation for your next appointment will help your doctors create the best plan of care for you.